Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Black Belt Project

So this is my first ever blog.

I'm going to have a go at this mainly because I have a project to do for my upcoming black belt in Karate. The original plan was to write up a number of detailed reports over the course of 6-7 months, however being somewhat 'time poor' in respect of having hours at a time to invest in this, I thought a blog might be a better approach to cover all the areas I want to 'little and often'. That's the plan anyway and who knows where this thing will go if I get to grips with it!

So here's the brief for my Black Belt project:
  • The influence of different kinds of Soft Martial Arts and what we can learn and apply from them
  • Identify and demonstrate some different types of Pushing Hands and how we can use them training in a 'hard style'
  • Chin Na and its importance and relevance to training
  • The relevance of pushing hands for self defense purposes
  • The holistic nature of Martial Arts, it's health benefits and how to undertake training to promote these benefits whilst minimising risk
Here we go then and wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment